Greetings to everyone! I hope this week’s post finds all of you doing well. For the time being, the tropical Atlantic is quiet, but that could change over the next few weeks. In the meantime, I will share some infographics on preparing an emergency kit that will be helpful in any tropical storm or hurricane scenario. There are many other essential and important reads to review, so let’s get started.
- The academic environment in our colleges and universities isn’t what it used to be. The love of teaching, conveying knowledge, and mentoring older teens and young adults so they will become productive citizens with a keen concept of critical thinking is quickly becoming extinct.
- Our planet Earth spins on its axis at around 1,000 miles per hour. That may sound simple enough, but there’s more to that simple fact.
- This is a very thought provoking read. “We exist. What can that fact teach us about the Universe?“
- Huge volcanic eruptions present an underrated hazard to humans in many areas around the globe. It’s time to buckle down on forecasting these eruptions and taking steps before they happen to reduce damage and the toll they take on human lives.
- This has been a record breaking year for wildfires in Europe with an area of approximately the same size as one-fifth of Belgium having already been burned.
- Megafloods and megafires in California share one link…climate change.
- The more sea ice loss is studied, the more dour the research findings become. Those very important findings also come with an ominous warning.
- As our oceans warm, the patterns in our tropical cyclones/hurricanes have changed. In fact, NOAA is considering changing the official beginning of the Atlantic hurricane season from June 1 to May 15.
- With the Atlantic hurricane season upon us, here are some excellent NOAA and National Weather Service hurricane safety resources all on one website.
That’s a wrap for this post! Thanks to everyone for stopping by. A big ‘Thank You’ to my followers in social media. If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or Facebook, let’s connect! As for the COVID-19 pandemic, stay safe, stay positive, and test negative!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: email@example.com
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC