Greetings to everyone! I hope this week’s post finds all of you happy, healthy, and doing well. We’ll continue sharing severe weather preparedness information this week with an infographic on where to not take shelter during a storm. There are many other interesting topics to cover this week, so let’s get started.
- The Hubble telescope has been going strong for thirty-two years. Check out this recent photo of a group of galaxies.
- When did life begin on our planet? According to new research, it may have happened a mere 300 million years after the Earth was formed.
- It’s time for Earth Day, but every day can be Earth Day and there are measures you can take during every day life that are beneficial to our humble home.
- Dramatic changes that are having substantial changes to this island nation. “As the world experiences rising sea levels, Iceland’s waters are falling & flowing to the other side of the planet.”
- Air pollution patterns across North America can be substantially altered by wildfires in the Pacific northwest. This can have health ramifications for pregnant women and patients with respiratory and cardiovascular issues.
- “Why Are Nature-Based Solutions on Climate Being Overlooked?” International funding has shortchanged such solutions in favor of more costly & less efficient engineering projects.
- According to new data from NOAA, March 2022 was the world’s fifth-warmest March on record. Furthermore, there was near record-low Antarctic sea ice coverage.
SEVERE WEATHER SAFETY
Please keep in mind that ONLY your local National Weather Service office, NOAA Weather Radio, or reliable broadcast media are the BEST sources of important, timely, and potentially life-saving, information on winter storm watches, warnings, and other related weather advisories! None of the links on this website should be used for life-&-death decisions or the protection of property!
That’s a wrap for this post! Thanks to everyone for stopping by. A big ‘Thank You’ to my followers in social media. If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or Facebook, let’s connect! As for the COVID-19 pandemic, stay safe, stay positive, and test negative!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC