Greetings to everyone! I hope this week’s post finds all of you happy, healthy, and doing well. We’ll continue sharing severe weather preparedness information this week with an infographic on the dangers of flooding. There are many other interesting topics to cover this week, so let’s get started.
- Let’s start off with a spectacular view. “A ‘galaxy’ is unmasked as a pulsar — the brightest outside the Milky Way.”
- Here’s another interesting astronomy read with a trip to Mars and a look at how the Martian south pole was sculpted by carbon dioxide.
- Unfortunately, this may become commonplace. With an ongoing drought and no relief in sight, some California residents are required to ration water.
- A sobering read on the connection between climate change and viral outbreaks and the ramifications for public health.
- Drought is one issue. Another important facet to consider is the amount of moisture transferred from land surfaces into our atmosphere.
- Andover, Kansas was struck by a tornado on 29 April 2022. This spectacular surveillance camera view shows the tornado’s change in inflow winds & vortex structural changes including an amazing helical structure.
SEVERE WEATHER SAFETY
Flooding or flash flooding is one of the leading causes of weather related deaths in the USA with more annual deaths than tornadoes and hurricanes combined. Even the largest trucks with plenty of ground clearance can be swept away by modest flash floods.
Please keep in mind that ONLY your local National Weather Service office, NOAA Weather Radio, or reliable broadcast media are the BEST sources of important, timely, and potentially life-saving, information on winter storm watches, warnings, and other related weather advisories! None of the links on this website should be used for life-&-death decisions or the protection of property!
That’s a wrap for this post! Thanks to everyone for stopping by. A big ‘Thank You’ to my followers in social media. If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or Facebook, let’s connect! As for the COVID-19 pandemic, stay safe, stay positive, and test negative!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC