Greetings to everyone! I hope this week’s post finds all of you doing well. This week we’ll start taking a look at summer safety with an infographic on preventing heat related deaths in automobiles. There are several other interesting topics to review, so let’s get started.
- The Voyager spacecraft have been going strong since 1977. At this point in their life cycle, NASA is beginning to power them down.
- This is a sobering listen on being put in a situation where you can only watch a wildfire rage out of control.
- Is the recent flooding in the USA’s Yellowstone National Park a sign of things to come? Yes. And it also applies to the over 420 other American national parks as well.
- This is an interesting new tool that helps you discover the influence of climate change on local weather in real time.
- While the focus for greenhouse gasses has been on the most popular sources, here’s a source that has been quietly doubling for the past 20 years.
- This past week marked the summer solstice for the Northern Hemisphere. Do you know the difference between the meteorological and astronomical seasons?
- A third La Niña year for our planet is forecast. Meteorologists say this is very unusual and we should prepare for the coming extreme weather events as the Earth continues to warm.
SUMMER WEATHER SAFETY
Please keep in mind that ONLY your local National Weather Service office, NOAA Weather Radio, or reliable broadcast media are the BEST sources of important, timely, and potentially life-saving, information on severe storm watches, warnings, and other related weather advisories! None of the links on this website should be used for life-&-death decisions or the protection of property!
That’s a wrap for this post! Thanks to everyone for stopping by. A big ‘Thank You’ to my followers in social media. If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or Facebook, let’s connect! As for the COVID-19 pandemic, stay safe, stay positive, and test negative!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC