Greetings everyone! I hope this week’s post finds all of you doing well. The tropical Atlantic is much more active and the potential for a landfalling tropical cyclone is certainly a possibility. Consequently, I’ll continue to share helpful infographics on preparing an emergency kit that will be helpful in any tropical storm or hurricane scenario. As usual, there are many other essential and important reads to review on climate, weather, and other science related topics, so let’s get started.
- If we breach the 1.5°C climate goal, there are six climate tipping points that are guaranteed to occur…all to our planet’s detriment.
- Hurricane Maria devastated Puerto Rico in 2017. This is an interesting read on how coral pollution helped increase the intensity of this very damaging hurricane.
- A uncomfortable and potentially lethal new normal is coming to fruition. The summers we are having now may be the coolest we have for the rest of our lives.
- Much of California has taken a beating in recent weeks with drought, record heat, wildfires, and the potential for flooding taking place.
- Here’s a look at the latest US Drought Monitor. Across the western half of the contiguous USA, drought conditions continue to persist and worsen by the day.
- If you’re looking for hurricane preparedness information, here’s your one stop for everything you need to know for before, during and after the storm. This all inclusive website from NOAA will help you prepare for the storms that we hope never happen.
That’s a wrap for this post! Thanks to everyone for stopping by. A big ‘Thank You’ to my followers in social media. If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or Facebook, let’s connect! As for the COVID-19 pandemic, stay safe, stay positive, and test negative!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: email@example.com
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC