Greetings to one and all. I hope everyone is having a great week. The Atlantic hurricane season officially lasts until November 30, 2021. It’s very likely that the Atlantic will not have any more tropical cyclones in the near future. There are many good reads to review, so let’s get started.
- The latest COVID-19 variant of concern has been dubbed “Omicron” and, until scientists can learn more about its behavior, is considered to be a variant of substantial concern.
- In case you missed the recent “Beaver Moon” that took place on November 19, here’s a very good one minute time lapse of the entire event.
- This is an essential read concerning much of our planet’s ecosystems. “Humans Have Broken A Fundamental Law Of The Ocean.“
- The air pollution over portions of India has been so bad as of late that it can easily be spotted on NASA satellite images.
- Finally, here’s some good news from the world’s top carbon emitter. “China creates vast research infrastructure to support ambitious climate goals.”
- Based on the latest NOAA data, October 2021 was the fourth warmest October on record.
WINTER WEATHER SAFETY
This week, we’ll be starting posts on winter weather safety. Even though this infographic is focused on winter weather, it certainly applies to all weather information year round. Diligence from January through December is important to cull through misinformation, disinformation, and deceitful rumors and hyperbole.
Please keep in mind that ONLY NOAA weather radio, your local National Weather Service office, or reliable broadcast media are the BEST sources of important, timely, and potentially life-saving information on hurricane/tropical storm watches, warnings, and other related warnings! None of the links on this page should be used for life-&-death decisions or the protection of property!
That’s a wrap for this post! A big ‘Thank You’ to my followers in social media. If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, or Instagram, let’s connect! As for the COVID-19 pandemic, get vaccinated, sport a quality mask, practice good hand-washing hygiene, mind your social distancing, stay positive, and test negative!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2021 Tornado Quest, LLC