Happy holidays everyone! I hope this week’s post finds all of you doing well during this holiday season regardless of what holidays you celebrate. This weeks post will be a short one due to the holidays. Across a large part of North America, a blast of Siberian air has brought freezing temperatures all the way to the Gulf Coast, subzero temperatures across much of the plains and midwest, and travel delays for millions. Therefore, I’ll continue with winter weather safety information that you’ll find helpful.
- Significant chances are possible by the end of the century for most Antarctic animals and plants…and the news isn’t good.
- Yes, they work, and work very well. I wore them for years as part of a former vocation. It would behoove all of us to keep in mind how well they protect us, especially at this time of year.
- As 2022 comes to an end, here’s a look at scientific advancements we need to watch for in 2023.
- This is a fascinating look at the winter solstice and the history of this mark in the change of the astronomical seasons.
- Here is this week’s update on the USA Drought Monitor. Recent precipitation has brought some improvements. Still, dry or drought conditions continue to persist across much of the contiguous USA with moderate to severe drought spreading from the Great Lakes region to the deep south.
WINTER WEATHER PREPAREDNESS AND SAFETY
- If you’re looking for winter weather preparedness and safety information, here’s an excellent website for everything you need to know for before and after the storm. This all inclusive website from NOAA and the National Weather Service will help you prepare for the storm and tell you how to stay safe afterwards. The infographics have tips on dressing for the cold and five things to keep in mind during the coldest months of the year.
That’s a wrap for this post! Thanks to everyone for stopping by. A big ‘Thank You’ to all of you who pay this website a visit! Whether you’re with family, friends, or alone, I wish all of you the absolute best during this holiday season and for all of us, a very healthy and happy 2023!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: email@example.com
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC