Greetings everyone! I hope this week’s post finds all of you doing well. The tropical Atlantic has been much more active as of late. This week, we’ll continue with helpful infographics on preparing an emergency kit that will be helpful in any tropical storm or hurricane scenario. As usual, there are many other essential and important reads to review on climate, weather, and other science related topics, so let’s get started.
- Well said. “The past is not radically discontinuous from the present. The past has given us everything that we have, including the ideas we use to criticize it. We must, then, give past people their due.“
- This is a very novel idea that has been a long time coming. Making recyclable plastics out of CO2 to slow climate change.
- Could switching to renewable energy sources save us money? According to a new Oxford University study, the answer is definitely ‘yes!’
- Easier said than done to keep this daunting challenge in check. “How to stop cities and companies causing planetary harm.”
- The Interior Department and NOAA have a new website that clearly shows how climate change is hurting the USA in more ways than many of us are aware.
- Considering how deadly heat waves have been for many years, perhaps it’s time to revise our current heat index to one that more accurately reflects heat effects on the human body and climate change.
- If you thought the summer of 2022 was exceptionally hot across many areas of the globe, you’d be exactly right…it was on of the hottest ever.
- It’s well past time that this issue was addressed. Better late than never. “‘None Of Us Are About Hype.’ How To Recognize And Avoid Fake Weather Forecasts.” The NOAA/NWS infographic below also speaks on this widespread issue.
- Last but not least, if you’re looking for hurricane preparedness information, here’s your one stop for everything you need to know for before, during and after the storm. This all inclusive website from NOAA will help you prepare for the storms that we hope never happen.
That’s a wrap for this post! Thanks to everyone for stopping by. A big ‘Thank You’ to my followers in social media. If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or Facebook, let’s connect! As for the COVID-19 pandemic, stay safe, stay positive, and test negative!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC