Greetings to everyone! I hope this weeks post finds all of you healthy and with a good start to the new year. We’ll continue our look at winter weather safety this week with an excellent emergency kit checklist. There are many other interesting stories to review, so let’s get started.
- This is a very thought provoking read on five myths that encourage the rejection of science and its benefits to the world we live in.
- The more we look at our own galaxy, the more we realize that we’re just beginning to scratch the surface about our “home” in the universe.
- This week has more good news from the James Webb Space Telescope. It’s sunshield is now fully deployed!
- Here’s a concise review of the histrionic weather and climate events of 2021 from AccuWeather.
- This is a very interesting cause and effect scenario that is taking place in western Africa. As deforestation increases, so does the intensity of local storms.
- The winter weather as of late has been on the warm side according to the UK’s Met Office. Is there a connection to climate change?
- Yet another record breaking year for climate records. “More than 400 weather stations beat heat records in 2021.” Ten national temperature records were broken or equaled in 2021, including the highest ever reliably measured on Earth.
- As if the year 2021 could not get more weird. Data from a lightning detection network has never seen as much lightning around the North Pole as it did last year.
- Speaking of unusual warmth, ocean temperatures around eastern Australia have been exceptionally warm even for this time of year during their summer. Early January ocean temperatures are running almost two months ahead of schedule.
WINTER WEATHER SAFETY
This infographic is an excellent checklist for starting an emergency kit. Regardless of where you live and the hazards you may encounter, an emergency kit can provide valuable resources to help you get through a very difficult scenario.
Please keep in mind that ONLY your local National Weather Service office, NOAA Weather Radio, or reliable broadcast media are the BEST sources of important, timely, and potentially life-saving, information on winter storm watches, warnings, and other related weather advisories! None of the links on this page should be used for life-&-death decisions or the protection of property!
That’s a wrap for this post! I hope the new year is happy and healthy one for you and your loved ones. A big ‘Thank You’ to my followers in social media. If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, or Instagram, let’s connect! As for the COVID-19 pandemic, get vaccinated, sport a good fitting quality mask, practice good hand-washing hygiene, mind your social distancing, stay positive, and test negative!
See you next Saturday! Happy New Year!
Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC