Greetings to everyone! I hope this week’s post finds all of you happy, healthy, and doing well. We’ll continue sharing severe weather preparedness information this week with an infographic on tornado sheltering safety. There are many other interesting topics to cover, so let’s get started.
- The supermassive black hole at the heart of the Milky Way galaxy is the biggest science news to come from astronomy in some time.
- After 45 years, this was inevitable. “Voyager 1 glitch? Strange signals from probe has NASA baffled.“
- Australia has some of the world’s oldest tropical rain forests. Climate change is decimating many of the irreplaceable trees.
- Air pollution is responsible for up to 9 million deaths globally every year. This is one of the most underrated weather/climate hazards.
- “Climate change swells odds of record India, Pakistan heatwaves.” Here’s the rub…if these kind of heat waves can occur in these countries, there’s no reason they can’t happen in Europe, South America, or North America.
- Flash droughts are fast becoming a new normal, especially in Oklahoma.
- The latest summer outlook for the contiguous USA doesn’t look good for folks like myself who are not fans of hot weather.
- Here’s the official NOAA outlook for summer 2022 located on page 14 and 15 in this PDF document covering the temperature and drought outlook.
SEVERE WEATHER SAFETY
A quick review of some important tornado sheltering guidelines.
Please keep in mind that ONLY your local National Weather Service office, NOAA Weather Radio, or reliable broadcast media are the BEST sources of important, timely, and potentially life-saving, information on winter storm watches, warnings, and other related weather advisories! None of the links on this website should be used for life-&-death decisions or the protection of property!
That’s a wrap for this post! Thanks to everyone for stopping by. A big ‘Thank You’ to my followers in social media. If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or Facebook, let’s connect! As for the COVID-19 pandemic, stay safe, stay positive, and test negative!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: email@example.com
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC