Greetings to everyone! I hope this week’s post finds all of you doing well. For the time being, the tropical Atlantic is quiet, but that could change over the next few weeks. In the meantime, I will share some infographics on preparing an emergency kit that will be helpful in any tropical storm or hurricane scenario. This week also marked the 30th anniversary of Hurricane Andrew making landfall as a rare Category 5 storm on the Florida coast. There are many other essential and important reads to review, so let’s get started.
- This past week marked the 30th anniversary of Hurricane Andrew making landfall as a rare Category 5 storm. NOAA has an excellent look back at this watershed event and explains how the meteorological technology has changed over the past 3 decades.
- It’s no surprise that misinformation and disinformation have spread like wildfire across every form of communication imaginable. Is it possible to inoculate the general public from this rubbish?
- Spruce trees are spreading into areas of Alaska and the Arctic tundra. That may sound good, but the truth is otherwise.
- The lower water levels on the Danube river aren’t good, but they’ve also revealed a hidden side to 20th century history that has been under water for decades.
- On the wildfire front, fires have not only been on the increase, but they’re now burning almost twice as much forest cover as they did 20 years ago.
- As we enter into the USA’s fourth month of “Danger Season,” here’s a sobering look at the year so far.
- Contrary to what the climate change deniers insist is truth, the real reality is that concern in the American public over climate change, present and future, is wide spread and growing.
That’s a wrap for this post! Thanks to everyone for stopping by. A big ‘Thank You’ to my followers in social media. If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or Facebook, let’s connect! As for the COVID-19 pandemic, stay safe, stay positive, and test negative!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: email@example.com
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC