Greetings everyone! I hope everyone’s new year is getting off to a good start. This week, we’ll continue our winter weather safety information. There are many interesting science links to check out including a link on a January tornado outbreak, so let’s get started.
- Here’s an interesting concept. A nuclear rocket that is designed to travel from Earth to Mars in a mere 45 days.
- That sneaky dust that does little good. “Increased atmospheric dust is masking greenhouse gases’ warming effect.“
- Without a doubt, this is applicable around the world regardless of the disaster. “Spate of natural disasters takes a toll on Australians’ mental health, survey finds.“
- Some startling images here that are a stark reminder of the year past in disasters and climate change. “2022 in Photos: Gaslighting by the Fossil Fuel Industry and Its Supporters.”
- As we note the halfway mark of meteorological winter, here’s a good read for the general public on how recent southern states tornadoes and the pummeling CA is taking are connected.
- In case you missed it, this is a review of the USA climate in 2022 from NOAA. Not only was drought a major factor across much of the lower 48, but eighteen billion dollar natural disasters took place.
- Here is the latest update on the USA Drought Monitor. Recent precipitation has brought some improvements even to California in the wake of several significant storm systems. East of the Mississippi river, conditions have improved significantly while parts of the central and southern plains still have extreme or exceptional drought conditions.
WINTER WEATHER PREPAREDNESS AND SAFETY
- If you’re looking for winter weather preparedness and safety information, here’s an excellent website for everything you need to know for before and after the storm. This all inclusive website from NOAA and the National Weather Service will help you prepare for the storm and tell you how to stay safe afterwards. The infographics have tips on dressing for the cold and five things to keep in mind during the coldest months of the year.
That’s a wrap for this post! Thanks to everyone for stopping by. A big ‘Thank You’ to all of you who pay this website a visit! Whether you’re with family, friends, or alone, I wish all of you the absolute best during this holiday season and for all of us, a very healthy and happy 2023!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: email@example.com
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2023 Tornado Quest, LLC