Greetings to everyone! I hope this weeks post finds all of you healthy an having a good week. We’ll continue our look at winter weather safety this week . There are many other interesting stories to review, so let’s get started.
- We will start with some good news about the James Webb Space Telescope and it’s careful steps to becoming fully functional.
- This is a new year goal that most all of us can take part in…auditing how much plastic you use and then begin cutting back.
- According to this new study, microplastics can be present in rivers for a considerable amount of time before they reach oceans.
- Here’s a very thought provoking read with a different perspective on weather disasters. “Stop blaming the climate for disasters.“
- NOAA’s Storm Prediction Center has just compiled their look at severe weather events across the USA in 2021.
- It’s no surprise that 2021 was a record year in terms of global warmth. December 2021 alone saw record warmth. In terms of disasters, twenty billion dollar disasters occurred.
WINTER WEATHER SAFETY
This infographic has important information on dressing for cold weather. With a significant winter storm underway as of this post, here’s a quick reminder on dressing to avoid frostbite and hypothermia.
Please keep in mind that ONLY your local National Weather Service office, NOAA Weather Radio, or reliable broadcast media are the BEST sources of important, timely, and potentially life-saving, information on winter storm watches, warnings, and other related weather advisories! None of the links on this page should be used for life-&-death decisions or the protection of property!
That’s a wrap for this post! I hope the new year is happy and healthy one for you and your loved ones. A big ‘Thank You’ to my followers in social media. If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, or Instagram, let’s connect! As for the COVID-19 pandemic, get vaccinated, sport a good fitting quality mask, practice good hand-washing hygiene, mind your social distancing, stay positive, and test negative!
See you next Saturday! Happy New Year!
Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC