Greetings everyone! I hope this week’s post finds all of you doing well during this holiday season. There are several interesting reads to go over and we’ll continue with winter weather safety information…so let’s get started.
- Do you think you’ve been “shadowbanned” on Twitter? Here’s how to find out. Keeping your distance from misinformation, disinformation, etc. will help.
- In a very short period of time during 2022, the James Webb Space Telescope became a revolutionary watershed achievement in astronomy.
- This is an amazing list of some of the top weather photographs from 2022 according to New Scientist.
- This is the the equivalent of, “more than 3 million plastic bottles falling from the sky.” “Microplastic pollution swirling in city air: Millions of plastic bottles per year.”
- NOAA has a new weather satellite and the images are nothing short of spectacular.
- Another new satellite that was launched on 16 December 2022 called the Surface Water and Ocean Topography mission will measure the water on our planet.
- Here is this week’s update on the USA Drought Monitor. In spite of minor improvements, dry or drought conditions continue to persist across much of the contiguous USA with moderate to severe drought spreading from the Great Lakes region to the deep south.
WINTER WEATHER PREPAREDNESS AND SAFETY
- If you’re looking for winter weather preparedness and safety information, here’s an excellent website for everything you need to know for before and after the storm. This all inclusive website from NOAA and the National Weather Service will help you prepare for the storm and tell you how to stay safe afterwards. The infographics have tips on dressing for the cold and five things to keep in mind during the coldest months of the year.
That’s a wrap for this post! Thanks to everyone for stopping by. A big ‘Thank You’ to all of you who pay this website a visit and my followers in social media. If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, Mastodon, Instagram, or Facebook, let’s connect!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: email@example.com
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC