Greetings to everyone! I hope this weeks post finds all of you healthy and doing well. We’ll continue this week with a severe weather safety infographic to help you prepare for the spring severe weather season. There are many other topics to cover this week, so let’s get started.
- This is a very cool read about an unexpected finding. “Strange Terraces on Mars are a Clear Signal of Sedimentary Rock.”
- Unfortunately, this was inevitable. “Will the Ukraine war derail the green energy transition?” As Europe scrambles to find alternatives to Russian oil & gas & global energy prices soar, coal could be the winner.
- This new study reinforces a long standing and well known fact that indoor plants help improve indoor air quality.
- Heat is a vastly underrated weather hazard that kills far more people every year than many other weather hazards combined. “Higher risk of temperature-related death if global warming exceeds 2°C.“
- Here’s some very important information on how to receive potentially life saving severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service on your cell phone. Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) may save your life.
- The latest US Drought Monitor has a bleak picture for the current state of drought in the contiguous USA. For the first time in just under a decade, over 50% of the USA is experiencing drought conditions.
SEVERE WEATHER SAFETY
Please keep in mind that ONLY your local National Weather Service office, NOAA Weather Radio, or reliable broadcast media are the BEST sources of important, timely, and potentially life-saving, information on winter storm watches, warnings, and other related weather advisories! None of the links on this website should be used for life-&-death decisions or the protection of property!
That’s a wrap for this post! Thanks to everyone for stopping by. A big ‘Thank You’ to my followers in social media. If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, or Instagram, let’s connect! As for the COVID-19 pandemic, get vaccinated, sport a good fitting quality mask, practice good hand-washing hygiene, mind your social distancing, stay positive, and test negative!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: email@example.com
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC