Greetings to everyone! I hope this weeks post finds all of you healthy and doing well. We’ll continue sharing severe weather preparedness information this week with a infographic on lightning safety. There are many other interesting topics to cover this week, so let’s get started.
- Let’s start with some good news on renewable energy. “Stanford engineers create solar panel that can generate electricity at night.”
- Beyond carbon storage, tropical forests have a substantial benefit to our planet’s climate.
- This is a sobering message indeed. “IPCC’s starkest message yet: extreme steps needed to avert climate disaster.”
- More information confirming the link between health and air quality. Sadly, this includes almost every human on the planet.
- This week marks the 48th anniversary of the April 3-4, 1974 tornado superoutbreak, which is the outbreak with the most violent category tornadoes to date.
- March 2020 was a record setting month for tornado activity across the USA. Recent advancements in Doppler radar technology may have played a part.
SEVERE WEATHER SAFETY
With several days of severe weather forecast across the USA during the coming week, here’s a reminder of severe thunderstorm risk categories and the expected hazards.
Please keep in mind that ONLY your local National Weather Service office, NOAA Weather Radio, or reliable broadcast media are the BEST sources of important, timely, and potentially life-saving, information on winter storm watches, warnings, and other related weather advisories! None of the links on this website should be used for life-&-death decisions or the protection of property!
That’s a wrap for this post! Thanks to everyone for stopping by. A big ‘Thank You’ to my followers in social media. If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or Facebook, let’s connect! As for the COVID-19 pandemic, stay safe, stay positive, and test negative!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC