Greetings to everyone! I hope this week’s post finds all of you doing well. This week we’ll start taking a look at summer safety with an infographic on staying safe in the heat. There are several other interesting topics to review including a look at the latest US Drought Monitor, so let’s get started.
- Astronomers’ main reference guide to the Milky Way just received a major update. “Mega-map of Milky Way adds depth to stars’ motions.”
- This is a very disconcerting health read. “More than 1 in 7 people worldwide have had Lyme disease.”
- These are some badly needed improvements. “Inspired by palm trees, scientists develop hurricane-resilient wind turbines.”
- “Microplastics found in freshly fallen Antarctic snow for first time.” This could accelerate snow & ice melting & pose a threat to the health of the continent’s unique ecosystems.
- While it’s true that climate change is related closely to power, you’re not powerless to take action yourself. Every small step counts.
- Summer has gone from the lazy days of no school and vacations to a season that presents a high level of danger to our species.
- Here is a look at the latest NOAA US Drought Monitor. For the 13th straight week, drought conditions improved in varying degrees across the USA.
SUMMER WEATHER SAFETY
Please keep in mind that ONLY your local National Weather Service office, NOAA Weather Radio, or reliable broadcast media are the BEST sources of important, timely, and potentially life-saving, information on severe storm watches, warnings, and other related weather advisories! None of the links on this website should be used for life-&-death decisions or the protection of property!
That’s a wrap for this post! Thanks to everyone for stopping by. A big ‘Thank You’ to my followers in social media. If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or Facebook, let’s connect! As for the COVID-19 pandemic, stay safe, stay positive, and test negative!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC