Greetings to everyone! I hope this week’s post finds all of you happy, healthy, and doing well. We’ll continue sharing severe weather preparedness information this week with an infographic on lightning safety. Of course, there are many fascinating topics to review, so let’s get started.
- This is easily one of the biggest science news stories in some time. “Black-hole image sheds light on Milky Way mysteries.”
- This should be interesting to watch if they’re able to pull this off. “Florida Lab to Mimic Category 6 Hurricanes with 200-Mile-per-Hour Wind.“
- Population centers and cities often take the brunt of poor air quality and air pollution. Here’s a look at the best and worst cities around the world in regards to air quality.
- Here’s the latest and very comprehensive State Of The Climate report from the World Meteorological Organization. This is an essential ‘must read’ for anyone interested in the atmospheric sciences.
- NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center and the National Weather Service have released their outlook for the 2022 Atlantic hurricane season. An above average season is contained in their findings and predictions.
- While on the topic of hurricanes in the Atlantic, lets take a look at some recent data that shows the Gulf of Mexico is unusually warm for this early in the year. That is more fuel for the fire for what is predicted to be a very active Atlantic hurricane season.
- ICYMI: Here is the official NOAA outlook for summer 2022 located on page 14 and 15 in this PDF document covering the temperature and drought outlook.
SEVERE WEATHER SAFETY
Please keep in mind that ONLY your local National Weather Service office, NOAA Weather Radio, or reliable broadcast media are the BEST sources of important, timely, and potentially life-saving, information on winter storm watches, warnings, and other related weather advisories! None of the links on this website should be used for life-&-death decisions or the protection of property!
That’s a wrap for this post! Thanks to everyone for stopping by. A big ‘Thank You’ to my followers in social media. If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or Facebook, let’s connect! As for the COVID-19 pandemic, stay safe, stay positive, and test negative!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: email@example.com
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC