Greetings to everyone! I hope this weeks post finds all of you healthy and your week is going well. There are many topics to cover this week including reads on air pollution and public health, flood risk in the USA, and a review of winter weather safety with a wind chill chart. Let’s get started.
- This is certainly a novel idea. Fertilizer made from animal waste is common on the ground, so why not use it in the oceans?
- Here’s an excellent read on clearing the air in many of our population centers on our planet and the public health risks from taking no action at all.
- Every war has it’s environmental impacts. The current Russia/Ukraine situation is no different.
- Perish the thought. “What would happen if Russia bombed Chernobyl?“
- In spite of lessons learned, we’ve a long way to go. “We’re No More Serious about the Climate Crisis Than We Were before the Pandemic.”
- Climate change is a major factor in this trend. “US flood damage risk is underestimated.“
- A concise USA region-by-region summary. “How will climate change impact different regions in America?”
- The latest drought outlook from NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center predicts drought conditions to persist well into late spring across almost half of the contiguous USA.
WINTER WEATHER SAFETY
Please keep in mind that ONLY your local National Weather Service office, NOAA Weather Radio, or reliable broadcast media are the BEST sources of important, timely, and potentially life-saving, information on winter storm watches, warnings, and other related weather advisories! None of the links on this website should be used for life-&-death decisions or the protection of property!
That’s a wrap for this post! Thanks to everyone for stopping by. A big ‘Thank You’ to my followers in social media. If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, or Instagram, let’s connect! As for the COVID-19 pandemic, get vaccinated, sport a good fitting quality mask, practice good hand-washing hygiene, mind your social distancing, stay positive, and test negative!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: email@example.com
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC