Greetings to everyone! I hope this weeks post finds all of you healthy an having a good week. From the Tonga volcano to increasing levels of atmospheric methane, we’ve a lot to cover this week…so let’s get started.
- A fascinating and thought provoking history and history of science read. “How the Dutch Created Europe’s First Free-Speech Zone More than 400 years Ago.“
- The planets Uranus and Neptune share many similarities. Why is it that they are two very different colors?
- As far as volcanology goes, this was a watershed event. “Why the Tongan eruption will go down in the history of volcanology.”
- An earthquake in the Pacific northwest of North America could produce a devastating tsunami across several USA states.
- It’s time to recycle those old plastic cups, water bottles, etc. “Americans exposed to toxic BPA at levels far above what European Union considers safe.“
- Speaking of recycling and cutting back on waste…I certainly have my share. “How to cut material use in buildings, clothes, electronics & plastic.”
- Some very sobering results from this new study. ‘Barely 15% Of The World’s Coastal Regions Remain Ecologically Intact.‘
- A new study from NOAA presents information about ‘dangerously fast’ growth in atmospheric methane.
WINTER WEATHER SAFETY
Even in winter, a safety/emergency kit can be a life saver. This handy checklist from the American Red Cross will help you get started.
Please keep in mind that ONLY your local National Weather Service office, NOAA Weather Radio, or reliable broadcast media are the BEST sources of important, timely, and potentially life-saving, information on winter storm watches, warnings, and other related weather advisories! None of the links on this page should be used for life-&-death decisions or the protection of property!
That’s a wrap for this post! Thanks to everyone for stopping by. A big ‘Thank You’ to my followers in social media. If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, or Instagram, let’s connect! As for the COVID-19 pandemic, get vaccinated, sport a good fitting quality mask, practice good hand-washing hygiene, mind your social distancing, stay positive, and test negative!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC