Happy New Year everyone! I hope this week’s post finds all of you doing well during this holiday season as we begin a new year. Winter has hit North America hard in the past few days. This week, we’ll continue until further notice with our winter weather safety information. There are several other interesting science links to check out, so let’s get started.
- Let’s start with a list of nine science stories that will foster some encouragement on our future.
- While on the topic of good news, here’s some very encouraging news on how the fantastic increase in the use of renewable energy has taken a small edge off the rise in greenhouse gasses.
- As 2022 comes to an end, here’s a look at scientific advancements we need to watch for in 2023.
- With a warming planet, won’t winter storms and blizzards become less common? No, they won’t. Here’s a good read on the reasons why.
- This goes for weather as well. “The Universe Doesn’t Care That We Have Holidays.”
- Here is this week’s update on the USA Drought Monitor. Recent precipitation has brought some improvements. Still, dry or drought conditions continue to persist across much of the contiguous USA with moderate to severe drought spreading from the Great Lakes region to the deep south.
WINTER WEATHER PREPAREDNESS AND SAFETY
- If you’re looking for winter weather preparedness and safety information, here’s an excellent website for everything you need to know for before and after the storm. This all inclusive website from NOAA and the National Weather Service will help you prepare for the storm and tell you how to stay safe afterwards. The infographics have tips on dressing for the cold and five things to keep in mind during the coldest months of the year.
That’s a wrap for this post! Thanks to everyone for stopping by. A big ‘Thank You’ to all of you who pay this website a visit! Whether you’re with family, friends, or alone, I wish all of you the absolute best during this holiday season and for all of us, a very healthy and happy 2023!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC