Greetings to one and all! Whether it’s winter or summer, I hope the weather is to your liking. We’ve had quite a contrast across the globe with quite a winter blast across much of North America contrasting with record heat in Australia. There are plenty of other topics to review, so let’s get started.
- Check out this amazing map of our galaxy with 1.7 billion stars.
- Our planet is in a constant state of change. “Check Your Compass: The Magnetic North Pole Is On The Move.”
- Microplastics are one of the worst elements in environmental pollution. Recently, they’ve been found in our groundwater.
- Here’s a fascinating read on the new meteorological techniques used to study some of the deadliest floods in USA history.
- Believe it or not, there are such things as “wind chill deniers.” Basically, they’re cynical television viewers who have made up a delusional conspiracy theory on why broadcast meteorologists talk about wind chill and the importance of dressing properly for hazardous winter weather.
- The Arctic ocean is changing along with our climate…and that’s not good.
- The battle over the “green new deal” is heating up…and it won’t be the last we hear of this story for some time.
- An element of our weather and climate that is overlooked by much of the general public are the immense rivers of air tens of thousands of feet above the ground. Here’s an interesting and very logical idea on increasing public awareness of this everyday atmospheric phenomenon.
- The recent cold snap across North America associated with the Polar Vortex brought about a great deal of discussion. Here’s an excellent overview of that event and its connection to climate change.
- 2018 was another record year for both global temperatures and the number of billion dollar disasters in the USA.
Winter Weather SafetyW
Winter is going to be around for some time across the Northern Hemisphere. Here are some helpful winter weather links that will help you stay safe. It’s never too late to review winter weather safety information.
That’s a wrap for this post! Here’s a warm “Welcome” for my new followers in social media and sincere “Thank You” for my long-time followers! Thanks a million for all the support and kind words. Your friendship and loyalty is appreciated a great deal! And remember…there’s no such thing as “boring” weather…just different types of good weather!
Tornado Quest on Twitter: https://twitter.com/tornadoquest
Tornado Quest on Instagram: https://instagram.com/tornadoquest
Tornado Quest on Tumblr: http://tornadoquest.tumblr.com
Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 1998 – 2019 Tornado Quest, LLC