Greetings to everyone! I hope this week’s post finds all of you doing well. For this week, our safety infographic is a heat index chart which is important for summer heat safety in a myriad of ways. As usual, there are many topics to review, many with very unsettling news. Let’s get started.
- Sunspots are not unusual, but it’s an exceptional event to have one double in size within 24 hours.
- A bizarre case of subversion. “Subverting Climate Science in the Classroom.“
- Speaking of subversion, a blow was dealt with no consideration of the future of humanity to the Environmental Protection Agency that severely curtails its ability to monitor CO2 emissions.
- The Paris Agreement goals are achievable. However, it’s shameful that it took a horrific global health crisis to prove it. “Decrease in CO2 emissions during pandemic shutdown shows it is possible to reach Paris Agreement goals.”
- “Climate change role clear in many extreme events but social factors also key, study finds.” Extreme weather events and frequency are sometimes overestimated but climate costs to people are often underestimated.
- This interesting study says the number of tropical cyclones (aka hurricanes) has been decreasing since the beginning of the 20th century…but the devil is in the details.
SUMMER WEATHER SAFETY
The Heat Index is a very important part of summer safety. Here’s an excellent page from the National Weather Service in Amarillo, Texas that explains how to calculate heat index and why it’s important.
Please keep in mind that ONLY your local National Weather Service office, NOAA Weather Radio, or reliable broadcast media are the BEST sources of important, timely, and potentially life-saving, information on severe storm watches, warnings, and other related weather advisories! None of the links on this website should be used for life-&-death decisions or the protection of property!
That’s a wrap for this post! Thanks to everyone for stopping by. A big ‘Thank You’ to my followers in social media. If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or Facebook, let’s connect! As for the COVID-19 pandemic, stay safe, stay positive, and test negative!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: email@example.com
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC