Greetings once again to one and all! If you’re celebrating the holidays, I hope the season’s going well for you. Due to the holiday season, this will be an abbreviated version of the weekly blog with a focus on winter weather safety. On a personal note, I appreciate the many best wishes for a speedy recovery during my rehabilitation from prostate cancer surgery. On that note, let’s get started on this week’s winter weather safety reads.
- Winter Weather Safety and Awareness
- Winter Storms: The Deceptive Killers
- National Weather Service Wind Chill Chart
- National Weather Service Printable PDF Wind Chill Chart
- NOAA Weather Radio – When all else fails, this will be your first line of defense during a weather emergency.
- Interactive NOAA Weather Radio Coverage Map – Coverage can vary due to a variety of conditions. The best way to insure that you can receive broadcasts is to buy a NOAA weather radio with a high quality antenna.
- Ready.gov Basic Disaster Supply Kit Info – Regardless of the season, have one of these at the ready.
- Preparing Your Pets For Disasters And Emergencies
- National Weather Service Homepage
Please keep in mind that ONLY NOAA weather radio, your local National Weather Service office, or reliable broadcast media are the BEST sources of important, timely, and potentially life-saving weather information, watches, and warnings! None of the links on this page should be used for life-&-death decisions or the protection of property!
That’s a wrap for this post! If you’re on Twitter, Instagram, or Tumblr, so is Tornado Quest. I’d like to thank so many of you again for all the thoughtful comments I’ve received over the past few weeks. As of this post, I’m still recovering well from surgery. Cancer does not have to be an automatic death sentence and I have no intention of giving up this fight and will accept nothing but absolute and total victory. If you’re a male over the age of 40, you should discuss getting your PSA tested with your doctor. The Prostate Cancer Foundation is only one of many reputable sites with further information.
Cheers…and Good Luck!
Tornado Quest on Twitter: https://twitter.com/tornadoquest
Tornado Quest on Instagram: https://instagram.com/tornadoquest
Tornado Quest on Tumblr: http://tornadoquest.tumblr.com
Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 1998 – 2019 Tornado Quest, LLC