Greetings to one and all! I hope this week’s post finds you happy, healthy and the weather is to your liking. Across North America, drought and heat wave conditions continue with substantial ramifications. Also, an active Atlantic season is forecast. So far in 2021, we’ve had five named storms in the Atlantic basin including two hurricanes. There’s a complete section of information on hurricane safety in this week’s post. There are many other good science reads to review for this week, so let’s get started.
- A very good physics question. “Does the expansion of the universe apply to atoms and objects like me?”
- You’ve gotta hide those evil renewable energy demons. They might persuade people to think for themselves! “Freedom? Tyler, Texas, City Ordinance Bans Residents From Getting Solar If Panels Are Visible To The Public.”
- Here’s a look at the July 2021 ENSO update with a La Niña Watch…which will have a significant influence on your weather and climate.
- This is an interesting look at attitudes and perceptions of extreme weather events, climate change, and opinions of Americans on how it affects their lives.
- The reality of living in a desert, and all the inconveniences and adaptations that are associated with that, is hitting hard the folks who live in and around Las Vegas, NV.
- In recent weeks, hundreds of people have died in this vastly under-reported heat wave event. “North America Endured Hottest June On Record.”
- Here’s a very concise and thorough explanation on how climate change is affecting heat waves.
- Last but not least, having clean water is vital to getting through the trauma of a natural disaster or emergency. Here’s an excellent resource from the USA’s Centers For Disease Control and Prevention on making water save in an emergency.
QUICK REVIEW OF SUMMER HEAT SAFETY
In light of the ongoing North American heat wave, here are some very helpful infographics on heat safety that could save someone’s life.
HURRICANE SAFETY AND PREPAREDNESS
The official start of the Atlantic hurricane season began June 1, 2021. As is the case with most years, the late summer and autumn months comes the peak of activity. This is a list of tropical cyclone safety and preparedness links that I hope you’ll find helpful and spearhead your preparedness plan. None of the links on this page should be used for life-&-death decisions or the protection of property!
HURRICANE SAFETY & EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION
The following infographics cover many important topics including emergency kits, staying informed, and avoiding misinformation and disinformation that are applicable to tropical cyclone scenarios. Tornadoes are also common in land-falling tropical storms and hurricanes. If in doubt, always stay with OFFICIAL sources of important information, forecasts, and warnings.
Even though this infographic is focused on winter weather, it certainly applies to weather information year round. Diligence from January through December is important to cull through misinformation, disinformation, and unfounded rumors.
Please keep in mind that ONLY NOAA weather radio, your local National Weather Service office, or reliable broadcast media are the BEST sources of important, timely, and potentially life-saving information on hurricane/tropical storm watches, warnings, and other related warnings! None of the links on this page should be used for life-&-death decisions or the protection of property!
That’s a wrap for this post! If you’d like a detailed review of tornado and severe weather safety, please review April and May posts. Next week we’ll continue information on hurricane preparedness. I’d like to extend a big ‘Thank You’ to my followers in social media. I’m glad you’re along for the fun! If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, or Instagram, let’s connect! As for the COVID-19 pandemic, get vaccinated, sport a spiffy mask, practice good hand-washing hygiene, mind your social distancing, stay safe, and stay healthy!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: email@example.com
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review WILL NOT be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2021 Tornado Quest, LLC