Greetings to everyone! I hope this weeks post finds all of you healthy an having a good week. The big weather story for much of North America this week has been back-to-back winter storms. Speaking of winter, for this week’s winter weather safety, a review of how wind chill affects your body. There are many other interesting stories to review, so let’s get started.
- Is it too much trouble to engage in fact checking & critical thinking? Social media platforms haven’t been holding up their promise to debunk misinformation, disinformation, fact check, and basically keep their platforms civil. “Social Media Platforms Failing To Tackle Abuse Of Scientists.“
- This is an excellent and very timely read that will help alleviate much of the misconceptions of how science and the scientific method works. “What Is A Scientific Theory?“
- A very thought provoking read on the 1918 influenza pandemic & its unmistakable connections to our current COVID-19 health crisis. It would behoove us greatly to learn from the past.
- Here’s a fascinating astronomy read about that humble star that we on Earth refer to as the Sun.
- Now, let’s go to the moon and talk about ‘moon trees.’
- This is a novel idea that, with some luck, will spread to other cities around the world. “Hong Kong’s car pollution sensors help it clean its air in world first.”
- This is yet another victim of our warming planet. The highest glacier on Mount Everest is rapidly melting.
- Methane, a very powerful greenhouse gas and second to carbon dioxide in the level of harm is produces, has been detected by satellites leaking in large quantities from gas pipelines.
- The flood risk across the USA has been an ongoing threat for generations. By some accounts, it’s about to get much worse and for an unexpected reason.
WINTER WEATHER SAFETY
Please keep in mind that ONLY your local National Weather Service office, NOAA Weather Radio, or reliable broadcast media are the BEST sources of important, timely, and potentially life-saving, information on winter storm watches, warnings, and other related weather advisories! None of the links on this page should be used for life-&-death decisions or the protection of property!
That’s a wrap for this post! Thanks to everyone for stopping by. A big ‘Thank You’ to my followers in social media. If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, or Instagram, let’s connect! As for the COVID-19 pandemic, get vaccinated, sport a good fitting quality mask, practice good hand-washing hygiene, mind your social distancing, stay positive, and test negative!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC