Greetings to everyone! I hope this week’s post finds all of you happy, healthy, and doing well. We’ll continue sharing severe weather preparedness information this week with an infographic on the difference between a watch and a warning. There are many other interesting topics to cover this week, so let’s get started.
- Earthquakes are not limited to Earth. NASA’s InSight lander recently recorded the largest Martian earthquake yet.
- The frequent dearth of earth science knowledge across society is one of the reasons that climate change and it’s ramifications are so frequently dismissed and misunderstood.
- The new GOES-18 satellite is a boon to weather forecasting for the USA.
- The earth is given 50-50 chance of hitting a key warming mark by 2026. This data is based on 11 different forecast centers predicting for the World Meteorological Organization.
- There are many factors involved. “Why the 2022 Southwest Fire Season Is So Early & Intense.”
- Heat is, by some metrics, the leading cause of weather related deaths worldwide. With that in mind, it’s often easy to forget that the human body can take only so much.
- Here’s the latest NOAA report…this one for April 2022. With data going back to 1880, this past April set yet another record.
- Having been involved in storm chasing and spotting since March, 1982, I can vouch for the sensationalist tone that has been pervasive in storm chasing for the last 20 – 25 years. I long for the days when ‘chaser convergence’ was a rare occurrence and hand analysis forecasting with sparse data was the norm. Sadly, recent years have seen the deaths of many storm chasers…and this is likely to happen again.
SEVERE WEATHER SAFETY
Please keep in mind that ONLY your local National Weather Service office, NOAA Weather Radio, or reliable broadcast media are the BEST sources of important, timely, and potentially life-saving, information on winter storm watches, warnings, and other related weather advisories! None of the links on this website should be used for life-&-death decisions or the protection of property!
That’s a wrap for this post! Thanks to everyone for stopping by. A big ‘Thank You’ to my followers in social media. If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or Facebook, let’s connect! As for the COVID-19 pandemic, stay safe, stay positive, and test negative!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC