Greetings to everyone! I hope this week’s post finds all of you doing well. We’ll continue sharing severe weather preparedness information this week with an infographic on preparing an emergency kit. The beginning of June brings the official beginning of the Atlantic hurricane season…and now is the time to prepare for the hurricane or tropical storm you hope never happens. There are many other fascinating topics to review, so let’s get started.
- Science, like far too many topics, has become politicized. That has always been and will always be a bad idea with exceptionally detrimental long term effects. Science is a facts based endeavor and along with the scientific method and critical thinking, can make achievements like no other field of endeavor or study.
- An urgent need for cutting greenhouse gasses is warranted…and here’s why.
- There has been a great deal of discussion on this topic as of late. “As private weather forecasting takes off, who is left behind?” If you’ve got digs in a high status location, you’re going to charge premium prices for the most basic of weather information. But what if you can’t afford it? Will paying for the privilege of receiving a life saving tornado warning be limited to the 1%?
- La Nina has become the most unwelcome weather and climate guest, especially for the United States.
- This is an essential read on the connection between hurricanes and climate change.
- ICYMI: NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center and the National Weather Service have released their outlook for the 2022 Atlantic hurricane season. An above average season is contained in their findings and predictions.
SEVERE WEATHER AND HURRICANE SAFETY
In the Atlantic, the 2022 hurricane season officially began on June 1. Here’s a very useful emergency kit that will help you prepare for the storm you hope never happens. Regardless of where you live or work, an emergency kit is essential to staying safe and prepared in any kind of emergency or disaster scenario.
Please keep in mind that ONLY your local National Weather Service office, NOAA Weather Radio, or reliable broadcast media are the BEST sources of important, timely, and potentially life-saving, information on winter storm watches, warnings, and other related weather advisories! None of the links on this website should be used for life-&-death decisions or the protection of property!
Lastly, I wanted to pass along a reminder that was shared with me regarding misinformation, disinformation, rumors, gossip, et al. These six words, along with critical thinking, are exceptionally useful.
That’s a wrap for this post! Thanks to everyone for stopping by. A big ‘Thank You’ to my followers in social media. If you’re on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or Facebook, let’s connect! As for the COVID-19 pandemic, stay safe, stay positive, and test negative!
See you next Saturday!
Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: queries regarding marketing, promotions, sales schemes, prizes, or papers/research that have not been under & approved by scientific peer review will not be accepted.
Copyright © 1998 – 2022 Tornado Quest, LLC